Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Mon January 13, 2014
FEMA Settlement To Be Announced
Originally published on Sun January 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Officials have scheduled an announcement Monday of a final settlement with FEMA for the tornado that devastated part of Springfield, Massachusetts two-and-a-half years ago
Springfield recently received final approval from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the claims filed from the June 1,2011 tornado. Mayor Domenic Sarno had vowed to be aggressive in pursuing reimbursements for debris removal and other emergency expenses born by the city
" I will continue to fight for every dime that is due to the city of Springfield and its people," Sarno said last summer.
The mayor’s office said funding for several capital projects will be also be announced.