Faith's Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up
My suggestion is to shop now before supermarket prices rise as they always do just prior to the holiday. And don't forget how many things can be made ahead, leaving you to finish off dishes when the heat is on. As Dr. Phil says, the way to de-stress Thanksgiving is to avoid the trap of expecting it to be a perfect day of food and conversation.
We'll keep this page updated with all the new recipes and drinks we sample through Thanksgiving.
Try your best, and enjoy!
- Parmesan-Crusted Creamed Corn
- Manuela and Jeanne's Garlic Potato Pie
- Fennel Spice Rub for the Big Bird
- Savory Cornbread Stuffing Muffins
- Marian's Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pears and Shallots
- Pumpkin Pie with Brown Sugar-Walnut Topping
- Green Beans with Brown Butter and Toasted Pecans
- Butternut Squash Agrodolce
- Slow-Roasted Holiday Turkey
Ideas for Leftovers
Festive Holiday Sparklers
Great Thanksgiving Wines, Good Value
The right white wine is terrific with turkey, and pairs beautifully with the vegetables at Thanksgiving, including creamy mashed potatoes. Faith loves Vincent Pouilly-Fuisse, 2011, a rich, crisp chardonnay at $20.
An inexpensive red for a crowded table, great with turkey, is the Italian Maraia Barbera, at $10 to $12. It tastes of red berry fruit, vanilla, and a touch of oak barrell.
At your wine store, tell them the distributor is Frederick Wildman & Sons. If it's not on the shelf they'll have it to you in 24 hours.