Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Fri May 27, 2011
Exploring Jazz at Firehouse 12
Firehouse 12 in New Haven is an innovative space that is part of a neighborhood resurgence in downtown New Haven .
In fact, the jazz trumpeter and composer Taylor Ho Bynum says that there are only a few places like it in the world.
It's a high-tech recording studio that presents avant garde jazz, while attracting a crowd to its downstairs cocktail bar. The setting is a renovated firehouse in the up-and-coming Ninth Square neighborhood, newly filled with restaurants and galleries.
Today, where we live, we'll go inside for a special show - recorded live at Firehouse 12 earlier this week. Bynum, along with Connecticut jazz legend Mario Pavone and the founder of the space Nick Lloyd joined us and a sold-out audience to play and listen to creative music - and to talk about listening and the creative process.
Come with us to Firehouse 12 on Where We Live.
Check out more pictures of the event, here!