Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Connecticut Governor OKs Limiting Cooperation With Immigration Authorities
- NPR's Clocks Are Changing! (What Does That Mean For You?)
- Hartford Stadium Critic Files Suit, Alleges Procedural Error
- Connecticut Judge and POW John T. Downey Dies at 84
- The Scramble: Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer Prepare You for a Long Car Trip
Where We Live
Tue February 4, 2014
Evaluating Common Core
After mounting complaints from teachers, officials recently announced the state plans to delay the implementation of teacher evaluations. Meanwhile, other lawmakers are calling for a re-examination of the Common Core standards. Two years after Connecticut approved sweeping education legislation, we'll check-in on the implementation and receive an update on Common Core in the state.
Are you a teacher, parent or student? How do you think teachers' performance should be evaluated and how do you see Common Core standards impacting students in the classroom?
- Stefan Pryor - Commissioner of Connecticut's Department of Education
- Mark Waxenberg - Executive Director of the Connecticut Education Association
- Steve McKeever - Middletown High School science teacher and First Vice-President for AFT Connecticut
- Salvatore Menzo - Superintendent of Wallingford Public Schools