Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue November 6, 2012
Election Day: Colin's Citizen Observers Report From Around Connecticut
Can it be? Is West Hartford the new Bridgeport?
Election Day is unfolding before us, and right now the big lines and the unhappy faces are in West Hartford, which implemented a consolidation of polling places from 20 to 9. What could go wrong? Meanwhile the campaign of Chris Murphy is freaking out because his opponent Linda McMahon sent workers to the polls in purple shirts that closely resemble signature shirts of the Murphy-supporting SEIU union. McMahon's purple shirts say I support Obama and McMahon. Her workers are also handing out palm cards showing boxes checked -- even though we don't check here in Connecticut -- for Obama and McMahon. Nerves are frayed and it's only mid-afternoon. Right now, John Dankosky and I will host a show crammed with reports from voters who are not political professionals and journalists. Tonight, we're back on the air at 7 p.m. from Real Art Ways in Hartford, providing the latest details on the Connecticut vote. Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.