Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Wed February 1, 2012
East Haven Roundtable
The police commission in East Haven has voted unanimously - chief Len Gallo must go.
Chief Gallo had already said he was stepping down in the wake of an FBI investigation which resulted in four officers in the town being arrested for allegedly systematically terrorizing Latinos in the community.
Mayor Joseph Maturo fanned the flames of this ugly chapter in East Haven history with his remarks about tacos...and now the national and international news has been focused on this shoreline community.
Today, where we live, reporter Diane Orson, who’s been covering this story for years, will join us with the latest. We’ll also hear from East Haven resident and Courant columnist Susan Campbell - and from members of the Latino community.