Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Thu August 1, 2013
E-Cigarettes Enjoy Perks Of Being Unregulated
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 12:38 pm
Electronic cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system that has a small but growing share of the tobacco industry.
However, unlike chewing tobacco and traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are not regulated by the FDA or any other body. That means that electronic cigarettes can advertise on television.
John Carroll, Here & Now’s media analyst, fills us in on the growing trend.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communications at Boston University. His blog is Campaign Outsider and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.