Dreamland, a Cruise Through the Latest Sleep Research
From Faith Middleton: Science still can't say for sure why we need sleep, though we spend a third of our lives asleep, or trying to sleep. Those trying to sleep include the millions who have some sort of sleep issue, from insomnia to over-sleeping.
Journalism professor David K. Randall, author of Dreamland, decides to wander through the laboratories and offices of sleep experts to understand what we know about sleep, dreams, and how to cure sleep problems.
One of Randall's subjects leads to the question, if you kill someone while sleepwalking, is it considered murder? Which brings us to the idea that Dreamland is too interesting to be read at bedtime.
- David K. Randall is the author of Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “The River of Dreams,” Billy Joel
- “Golden Slumbers,” Ben Folds
- “The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite,” R.E.M.