Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue December 20, 2011
Detainees From The War On Terror
President Obama promised to close the Guantanamo Bay prison, used to hold suspected terrorists. Ten years after 9/11...we’re seemingly no closer to a resolution about how to handle these detainees.
Attorney General Eric Holder went out on a limb - calling for civilian trials - only to have his idea ditched by the administration.
Glenn Sulmasy, a Professor of Law at the United States Coast Guard Academy has been studying this issue for years...he recently wrote a San Fransisco Chronicle opinion piece examining the issue.