Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue May 10, 2011
Design Thinking Takes On Health Care
From shopping to banking to taxes “design thinking” is all around us....But beyond the buzz phrase, what does it mean?
Here’s another one: “Data Visualization” - and you’ve gotta come up with something better than an overhead projector showing a pie chart.
Today we try to understand these new ways of looking at the systems that govern our lives, health, finances, even our environmental impact.
We’ll talk with participants in this past weekend’s Donaghue Foundation conference that addressed the importance of design in reshaping healthcare. Advocates say these new strategies can empower patients to take control of their own health.
And we’ll explore the fun side of statistics as we look at revolutionary new uses of data visualization to make a jumble of numbers accessible, even beautiful.