Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Wed October 16, 2013
The Day Before the Debt Ceiling Deadline
Like a defense contractor that had to shut down production because the federal agency they work with is on furlough. And even our application for Race to the Top education funding is at risk.
Meanwhile, the nation is hurtling toward a potential fiscal catastrophe by midnight as we face default on our debts.
On our weekly news roundtable, The Wheelhouse, we’ll start up more shutdown conversation, and tackle some of the rest of the week’s news: Road rage, email lists, Obamacare... And, you want to buy a slightly used tennis tournament? Colin McEnroe’s got a deal for you.
- Colin McEnroe - Host of The Colin McEnroe Show on WNPR
- Ronald Schurin - Associate Professor in Residence in UConn's Department of Political Science
- Sujata Srinivasan - Business reporter for WNPR
- Arielle Levin Becker - Health reporter for The Connecticut Mirror
- Jeff Cohen, WNPR Capital Region Reporter
Access Health CT
Affordable Care Act