The opioid epidemic in our nation upends lives and it’s the family members of addicts who intimately know the deadly costs of substance abuse.
This hour, we hear the personal story of one Connecticut mother and son. Despite the many hurdles addiction placed in their way, we hear how they are now working to help other families overcome these same hurdles.
Later, we find out more about a proposed bill before the General Assembly that aims to ensure addicts get the treatment they need to recover. Has your family been impacted by addiction? We want to hear from you.
But first, we dig into the background of federal appeals court judge Neil Gorsuch — the President’s nominee to the U.S Supreme Court.
- Kevin McMahon - Professor of Political Science at Trinity College
- Emma Green- Staff writer at The Atlantic, author of recent story "Trump Picks a Bioethicist for the Supreme Court"
- Donna DeLuca - President and Co-Founder of The C.A.R.E.S. Group, Inc.
- Matthew DeLuca - Co-Founder and Director of Operations for The C.A.R.E.S. Group, Inc., Founder of Everyone Knows Someone social media campaign
- Brenda Kupchick - State representative for Fairfield, CT
- Demian Fontanella - Acting Healthcare Advocate for the state of Connecticut
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.