Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Yale Educator-Artist Keeps Inspiring Future Generations of Theater Designers
- Connecticut’s Changing, Sometimes Volatile, Still Lively Classical Music Scene
- JFK Conspiracy Theories: American As Apple Pie
- Fast Food Workers Strike; 13 Arrested in Hartford
- Bridgeport Bluefish Ballplayer to Retire After 20-Year Career
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue June 17, 2014
The CMS at the International Festival of (Pancakes) and Arts and Ideas, 2014
New Haven's International Festival of Arts and Ideas is back! The theme of this year's festival is "Transformation and Tradition," and runs from this past Saturday through June 28. You don't want to miss it.
John Dankosky and Where We Live will brighten your breakfast with a performance of a "comic-rap-scrap metal musical." They're just getting started. You also hear about corsets, bicycles, and hunter-gatherers.
We launch you into lunch. Will Holshouser and his accordion kick us off to a conversation on technology's impact on the arts and more. Have lunch with us at The Study at Yale, located on 1157 Chapel Street in New Haven at 1:00 pm.
Comments or questions? Write below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
- Jack Hitt is a contributing writer to the New York Times Magazine and the author of several books including most recently, Bunch of Amateurs: A Search for the American Character
- John Collins is the artistic director for Elevator Repair Service
- Adele Myers is a New Haven-based choreographer and the artistic director of Adele Myers and Dancers
- Will Holshouser is an accordion player for Regina Carter
- Chris Arnott covers theater and the arts in Connecticut for several publications, including the New Haven Independent and New Haven Living magazine. He reviews theater on his website, New Haven Theater Jerk
- Gorman Bechard is a novelist, screenwriter, and filmmaker
- Mary Lou Aleskie is the Executive Director of New Haven's International Festival of Arts and Ideas