Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Mon July 23, 2012
A Check-Up With Governor Dannel P. Malloy
Last week Dannel P. Malloy got the kind of press coverage that governors dream of. Unfortunately, he got it in New Jersey, which is not the state he governs. A columnist for the Star Ledger revisited a two-year-old flare up between Malloy and New Jersey governor Chris Christie who taunted Malloy about his tax policies which he said would drive jobs out of Connecticut and into New Jersey where he, Christie, would be waiting with open arms.
The Star Ledger columnist essentially says Christie was wrong, Malloy was right and that Malloy's centrist vision was more attractive to potential employers like Jackson Labs. Connecticut's unemployment rate has fallen. New Jersey's is stagnating, said the columnist.Dan Malloy joins us in studio today. He green lighted the busway, launched a new state branding campaign, raised taxes, repealed the death penalty and challenged the unions. So how does he think he's doing? Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.