The Book Show: November 7, 2013
Today's show originally aired September 12, 2013.
Faith's motto on The Book Show is… Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join Faith and her book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories.
If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
- The Trauma of Everyday Life, Mark Epstein
- The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
- The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert: Take a Whiff of That, Richard Betts
- Wash, Margaret Wrinkle
- This Town: Town Parties and a Funeral—Plus Plenty of Valet Parking!—in America's Gilded Capital, Mark Leibovich
- Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently—and Succeeding, Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff
- The Day the Crayons Quit, Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers (illustrator)
- Always Running: La Vida Loca—Gang Days in L. A., Luis J. Rodriguez
- Crossing to Safety, Wallace Stegner
- Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens
- The Last Dance, Ed McBain
- The House of Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption, Laura Hillenbrand
- Lit, Mary Karr
- Started Early, Took My Dog, Kate Atkinson
- Roxanne Coady - president and CEO, RJ Julia Bookseller
- Lee Jacobus - author
- Rose Quiello - professor of English, SCSU