The Book Show: November 21, 2013
Faith's motto on The Book Show is… Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join Faith and her book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories. If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
- Spycatcher, Matthew Dunne
- A Paper-Cut Christmas: Legends of the Gift Giver, Martha Link Walsh
- Night Film, Marisha Pessl
- Finishing School, Muriel Spark
- A Passage to India, E. M. Forster
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman Faithfully Presented, Thomas Hardy
- We Are Water, Wally Lamb
- The Signature of all Things, Elizabeth Gilbert
- Einstein's God: Conversations About Science and the Human Spirit, Krista Tippett
- The Good Girl's Revolt: How the Women of Newsweek Sued their Bosses and Changed the Workplace, Lynn Povich
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman
- Einstein and the Quantum: The Quest of the Valian Swabian, A. Douglas Stone
- The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
- Snowflakes Fall, Patricia Maclachlan and Steven Kellogg
- Survival Lessons, Alice Hoffman
- Roxanne Coady - president and CEO, RJ Julia Bookseller
- Lee Jacobus - author
- Rose Quiello - professor of English, SCSU
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Regiment,” Brian Eno + David Byrne
- “Number 9,” Moon Hooch
- “Rewrite,” Paul Simon