The Book Show: March 6, 2014
Today's show originally aired February 6, 2014.
Faith's motto on The Book Show is… Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join Faith and her book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories. If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
- Afghan Post, Adrian Bonenberger
- Paradise, Toni Morrison
- Vigilante, Stephen J. Cannell
- Talking God, Tony Hillerman
- Pegasus Descending, James Lee Burke
- The Queen of the Tambourine, Jane Gardam
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
- A Passage to India, E. M. Forster
- By Blood, Ellen Ullman
- The House Girl, Tara Conklin
- The Art Forger, B. A. Shapiro
- The Light Between Oceans, M. L. Stedman
- The Invisibile Bridge, Julie Orringer
- For the Benefit of Those Who See: Dispatches from the World of the Blind, Rosemary Mahoney
- Bombingham, Anthony Grooms
- Blood Will Out: The True Story of a Murder, a Mystery, and a Masquerade, Walter Kirn
- The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner and Christina Traister
- Roxanne Coady is the president and CEO of RJ Julia Bookseller.
- Lee Jacobus is the author, most recently, of A World of Ideas.
- Marian Roy is an avid reader.
- Pat Towers was a founding editor of Vanity Fair magazine.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Paperback Writer,” Mandy Jones
- “I Could Write a Book,” Harry Connick Jr.
- “Rewrite,” Paul Simon