Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue August 9, 2011
Book Clubs Before & After Oprah
Alright, admit it - You didn't do the reading, did you? You were so busy baking the perfect apple crumble topped with burnt sugar and selecting the perfect Michael buble album for background music, that you prepared for everythning about the book club except actually finishing the book. So you'll have to fake it through another Cormac McCarthy, or Thomas McGuane or Patrick McGrath.
I'm Mark Oppenheimer, filling in for another book club favorite, Colin McEnroe. On today's show, how is it that nobody is reading anymore, but everybody seems to be in a book club? We'll talk with people who lead book clubs, people who fear them, and one author whose life was changed by a book club - Oprah Winfrey's.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.