Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue August 9, 2011
Book Clubs Before & After Oprah
Alright, admit it - You didn't do the reading, did you? You were so busy baking the perfect apple crumble topped with burnt sugar and selecting the perfect Michael buble album for background music, that you prepared for everythning about the book club except actually finishing the book. So you'll have to fake it through another Cormac McCarthy, or Thomas McGuane or Patrick McGrath.
I'm Mark Oppenheimer, filling in for another book club favorite, Colin McEnroe. On today's show, how is it that nobody is reading anymore, but everybody seems to be in a book club? We'll talk with people who lead book clubs, people who fear them, and one author whose life was changed by a book club - Oprah Winfrey's.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.