Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Fri May 3, 2013
Baratunde Thurston On Comedy In The Digital Age
Tomorrow, is the final Connecticut Forum of the season. It’s called Funny, Smart People and it’s being moderated by our very own Colin McEnroe. The panelists are The Daily Show’s John Hodgman, Portlandia’s Carrie Brownstein and our next guest, Baratunde Thurston.
Baratunde is the founder of a comedy/tech startup called Cultivated Wit. Before that, he was the Director of Digital at The Onion. He’s also the author of How to be Black, which is described as a “satirical self-help book.”
We discussed his new job at Cultivated Wit, political comedy with Barack Obama in the White House, and that infamous Oscar-night tweet from The Onion.