Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Festive Fusion in Big Band Jazz Concert at Hartford’s Infinity Hall
The Colin McEnroe Show
Mon May 21, 2012
All About Feet!
One night, a couple of years ago, I laid me down to sleep and discovered my foot was numb.
It was numb like Adam Sandler's chronically frostbitten foot in the cinema masterpiece "Mr. Deeds," wherein he invites people to whack it with a fireplace poker while he smiles blissfully.
An hour later, my foot was still numb.
Stroke. That's it, I thought. I'm having a stroke.
The problem with even thinking a thought like "I'm having a stroke," is that immediately you start having a stroke, more or less.
But I just couldn't face going all the way to the emergency room for this, so I just went back to sleep, the next morning my foot was still numb, so I went to the walk-in care center and the guy there gradually figured out my cross-country ski book was too tight.
Today on the show, all the OTHER things your feet can get up to.
Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.