Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Wed July 23, 2014
Absentee Ballots Available for Summer Connecticut Primary
Absentee ballots are now available for Connecticut's upcoming primary election.
If a registered voter will be out of town or otherwise unavailable to go to the polls on August 12, they can obtain an application for an absentee ballot at town clerks' offices or online at sots.ct.gov/vote.
Absentee ballots can be returned by mail or in-person to town offices up until 8:00 pm on August 12.
Secretary of the State Denise Merrill said if unaffiliated voters want to cast a vote in the primary, they must register with the Democratic or Republican parties. They have until August 11 at 12:00 pm.
Much attention is being paid to the Republican primary for governor, where the GOP's endorsed candidate, businessman Tom Foley, is being challenged by Senate Minority Leader John McKinney.