A potential stumbling block for the Republican tax bill was removed Friday afternoon when Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., announced he would support the measure. Rubio had threatened to vote "no" on the bill, to win a more generous child tax credit for working families. Another holdout, Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., also announced his support Friday, putting the bill on a path toward likely passage in time for President Trump to sign the measure by Christmas. Corker was the only Republican to vote...
- Immigration Tribunals Stressed As Refugee Applicants Arrive In Canada On Foot
- Maine To Set Up New Collaborative To Research Lobster Fishery
- What’s Been The Impact Of Connecticut’s Gun Laws After Sandy Hook?
- A Cawful Examination Of Connecticut’s Crows
- The Other Side of Roxham Road: Canada Grapples With Border Refugees
Merely Torres-Garcia sat in the second-floor conference room at a downtown Hartford Red Roof Inn, and she was bundled up -- wearing two shirts, a zip-up hoodie, a jacket, and gloves. She also had on a pair of Air Jordans which she said is something she wouldn’t wear in Puerto Rico.